How to Make Yaş Fasolia | Nana's Kitchen
Yaş fasolia a tomato-based green bean stew and is delicious over rice. It's simple to make and always a good choice for dinner. Nana hopes you'll enjoy!
- 1 tbsp tomato paste, you can also add in a couple of small diced tomatoes for extra flavour
- 3 cups water or broth if you prefer
- ~300g green beans (You can add as many or as little green beans as you want and either increase or reduce the amount of water accordingly)
- salt to taste
- lemon juice to taste, Nana usually uses about 1.5 tbsps
- About half a cup of ghooreh, this is optional but Nana always adds them in
- First cook down your tomato paste in some olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes, then add in one cup of water.
- Wash and chop your green beans; the size will depend on your preference. Nana usually cuts them either in half or into thirds. Add them into the pot with the tomato paste. Mix, then add in two more cups of water.
- Add in salt and lemon juice to taste. Nana used about a teaspoon of salt and one and half tablespoons of lemon juice. Add a lid and let simmer over medium-low heat until the green beans are cooked.
- Drain and rinse your ghooreh. Ghooreh are Persian unripe sour grapes and can usually be found in Arab/Persian stores. Once rinsed add them into a saucepan with a little bit of oil and lightly fry. Add them into the stew before serving.
You can watch Nana make it here: