Nana's Fried Chicken | Nana's Kitchen
Hello everyone! Nana's fried chicken is juicy, flavourful and always popular with her grandchildren.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- salt to taste
- 3-4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- canola oil
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together. It shouldn't be too thick or runny.
- Thinly slice your chicken breasts. You can also pound them thin.
- Put the chicken breasts into the marinade and mix until they're all evenly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for an hour minimum.
- Fill a pot or high-walled pan with an inch of canola oil. Put on medium-high heat and let your oil heat up.
- Add your chicken to the hot oil and fry for 10-12 minutes. Flip the chicken around at around 5 minutes, or when the bottom is golden brown. Fry until both sides are brown and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Take the chicken out of the oil and put onto a plate with paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
You can watch Nana make it here: